Geranium 'Jolly Bee'

Geranium 'Jolly Bee'
They photograph bluer than they are...most definitely a lavender-blue, not a sky blue as this picture suggests.  Still, a beautiful color!

Why have I not raved about the wonderful Geranium 'Jolly Bee', or its nearly identical competitor, Geranium 'Rozanne'?  Perhaps I have--though I looked and couldn't find a previous post on the subject. 

They should be mentioned again and again as a superb under planting for roses, for a number of reasons. 

First, the lavender-blue flower color looks perfect with the color of any rose.  Next, they are sterile--no seedlings to sprout everywhere and drive you nuts.  Third, their root systems don't wander far, so they won't interfere with rose roots.   Fourth, they bloom like crazy for months.  It's not just a spring bloom, it's all summer and nearly all of autumn, too. 

And I need not add:  they are beautiful. 

Geranium 'Jolly Bee'
With Iris 'Merlot Magic'

Comments

  1. I grow tons of 'Rozanne'. Have not run across this one, but if I do I'll pick it up. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.